What is the American Disc Jockey Association?
The ADJA is an association of professional mobile entertainers. The mission of the American Disc Jockey Association is to encourage success for its members through continuous education, camaraderie, and networking. We believe that through involvement in this professional organization, DJ’s achieve more as a group than they can individually. The American Disc Jockey Association is an organization of professional Disc Jockeys.
Goals of the A.D.J.A.
The primary goal of The American Disc Jockey Association is to educate Disc Jockeys so that each member acts ethically and responsibly. We would also like to educate consumers on how to go about choosing a true professional Disc Jockey.
Association members have already invested their time and money to become a member. This indicates that each member is a serious business person. We are confident our members will provide you with the best possible entertainment for your affair.
Find out the Truth about iPod Weddings
Are you a Bride or Groom looking for entertainment? Are you considering a DIY event with an iPod. Before you do, watch the results of an ACTUAL iPod wedding.
The Truth About iPod Weddings
Interviews with Our 2003 – 2004 President
Are you a Bride or Groom looking for entertainment? Listen to a recent radio interview with Peter Merry, 2003 – 2004 ADJA National President, with powerful tips and suggestions on making an informed decision.
Listen to a recent TV interview with Peter Merry, Author of the new book “The Best Wedding Reception Ever.”
Interesting Wedding Statistics
*AFTER THE VOWS…
- 72% of all brides say they would have spent more time choosing their reception entertainment.
- Almost 100% say they would have spent more of their budget on the entertainment.
- During wedding planning, Brides say their highest priority is their attire, followed by the reception site and caterer – reception entertainment is among the least of their priorities. Within one week after their reception, 78% of Brides say they would have made the entertainment their highest priority!
- When asked 81% of guests say the thing they remember most about a wedding is the entertainment.
- 65% of all couples that chose a band to entertain at their wedding, said, if they had it to do over again, they would have chosen a disc jockey.
*These statistics were published in St. Louis Bride & Groom Magazine in 2003. Sources include: Simmons, 2001; USA Today, 2002; National Bridal Service, 2001; The Knot, 2002; Brides Magazine, 2001.